Today we have a special guest in the house, give a warm welcome to JM Sullivan:
Secrets don’t make friends. At least, that’s how the saying goes. I don’t know how much I agree with this statement, but I will say that I’ve made many more friends with confessions than I ever had secrets.
I can already see some of you tilting your head as you read this, so let me explain.
For those of you who I have never met (Hiiiii!), my name is JM Sullivan, and I am the host of the Twitter game #AuthorConfession, where we post daily prompts and writers from around the world ‘confess’ secrets to their WIP. It is a ton of fun and I have met so many incredible people this way (looking at you, Megan!).
I love reading the confessions of our players and learning details about the wonderful worlds they are building. So, for my blog post today, I thought I might do the same.
Instead of just asking the questions, today I am also going to sit in the hot seat. I’ll give you completely honest answers to some of the same #AuthorConfession questions I have asked my players. The hardest part- to do it without *spoilers*
So here you have it 5 Top Secret confessions about Second Star- that nobody else has seen!
1. What is your MC’s deadly sin?
1. Wendy’s deadly sin would be wrath. She has a very even temperament and is very patient, but once her limits are pushed, she fights with a vengeance.
2. Peter’s sin is pride. Her is smart, talented, and not afraid to show it. While other character’s struggle with different sin’s Peter’s crowing vanity is what’s sure to get him in trouble.
2. What is your antagonist’s greatest regret?
1. He doesn’t know it yet, but Hooke’s greatest regret is finding the map to immortality. Chasing eternal life has ensnared the Captain, making a once renowned hero something else entirely.
3. Who does your MC love to hate?
1. Aidan Boyce. Although love is still probably a strong word. Honestly, she would just like to avoid him if she could. Unfortunately, her fellow recruit just won’t seem to let her.
4. How would your side character describe your MC?
1. With a glowing letter of recommendation. No, seriously. While Wendy would never approve of such a thing, her best friend Elias Johns makes sure that everyone realizes how qualified and talented Wendy is in a touching letter to the Fleet Admiral, Renee Toussant.
5. If you could only save one character in your book, who would it be?
1. Tootles. He is the smallest of the Lost Boys, and with his angelic face and sweet personality, he must be protected at all costs. The others are great, but Tootles will always hold a special place in my heart.
There you have it. My confessions. Hopefully this tells you a little bit more about Second Star.
I just have one more question, but this one’s for you: Now that we’ve shared secrets does that make us friends? 😉
Teacher by day, award-winning author by night, J.M. Sullivan is a fairy tale fanatic who loves taking classic stories and turning them on their head. Although known to dabble in adulting, J.M. is a big kid at heart who still believes in true love, magic, and most of all, the power of coffee. If you would like to connect you can find her on social media at @jmsullivanbooks– she’d love to hear from you.
Online Retailers: http://books2read.com/Second-Star